Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Race for the Next Generation

I love running and one way for me to challenge myself as a runner is to join running events. More than competing with the other runners, beating my previous track record gives me a certain goal and a sense of accomplishment in every race. Hmm, yeah, I try to have a higher goal other than reaching the finished line.haha Another reason why I join running events is that it 's actually a worthwhile activity. Not only it invites people to be fit and healthy but also it serves as a medium to raise awareness and support for various kinds of charity and causes. The one running event that I look forward to join every year is Race for Life. This yearly event made possible by Real Life Foundation is really close to my heart because I'm a firm believer that education is essential to helping the poor get out of poverty and that the next generation is the hope of our nation.  Race for life is an opportunity for me to rally my personal advocacy on education and youth empowerment. For the past 3 years, I was able to support their vision to help students who has the drive and motivation to study and finish school but lacks in financial means.

Photos from previous Race for Life
This year was no different. With a theme change a life, change the nation, race for life was held last November 30, 2015, at SM Mall of Asia grounds. I was happy to be part of the 11000 runners, who woke up before sunrise to run respective 3K, 5K, 10K distances as a support to 260 real life scholars from all over the Philippines.

It was indeed a meaningful day not just for the scholars but also for me because I got to ran with these pretty ladies who also have the heart to support the next generation. Good job ladies! :)




Together, we finished the race all for God's glory!